Troop 49 is actively recruiting Scouts to join our program.
- We believe that every scout deserves a trained leader and because of this we maintain a large group of adult leaders trained in all aspects of Boy Scouting. We have leaders trained in outdoor skills, climbing, shooting, swimming, and first aid, as well as appropriate leader specific training.
- We are also a troop that strongly believes that scouting should be youth led. All of our meetings and activities are planned by the youth with adult leaders lending measured advice and guidance.
- We stress outdoor activities and camp at least ten times each year.
- We always attend great summer camps and are committed to making those summer camps available to all scouts who want to go. Each year we attend a high adventure summer camp and a skills based (or merit badge) summer camp.
- We try to add 8 to 10 new Scouts each year and maintain a troop of 25 to 40 active scouts. New scouts are integrated into patrols upon joining. Patrols each have an Assistant Scoutmaster assigned to support them.
- We take great pride in our Eagle scouts and provide continuous and effective support for scouts working toward their Eagle.
If this sounds like the kind of Troop you would like to be a part of, please join us for a meeting. Troop 49 welcomes everyone and we specifically invite Webelos scouts and parents, friends of any age, and families to attend our meetings.
If you are interested in more general information about joining scouting, please visit https://beascout.scouting.org/.